Wednesday, August 1, 2012

KC's Best Wurst?


Haus on Urbanspoon

This place serves up some of Kansas City’s best wurst!  The exotics are my favorites; I hadn’t had Buffalo & Beef Kielbasa Sausage, Elk & Beef Juniper Sausage or Wild Boar & Pork Porcini Sausage before coming here.  They are really very good and keep me coming back.  They are served on a fresh pretzel bun from Farm to Market Bread Company. I love these pretzel buns, but if you eat two sausages, the bread begins to become quite heavy.  You can choose two toppings from the following:  Sauerkraut, Caramelized Onions, Sweet Peppers, Jalapenos and Hot Peppers.  I eat mine without toppings, the flavors are that good.  You can also choose a variety of different mustards to squirt on top.  The only side is fries.  You receive a large portion (three of us could have easily shared) but I don’t like theirs.  They also have “Belgian” waffles for dessert.  I was disappointed in these as well.  I was expecting these to be like the ones street vendors serve is Brussels, but they’re not, the ice cream in the description should have been my first clue. 

There are several individual tables to sit at, otherwise you have to sit at picnic tables which is rather off-putting to me, but I get it, it’s supposed to feel like a German Beer Garden.  The outside patio will be great once the bamboo grows in and shields it from the parking lot.

 For you beer aficionados, they have a selection of 20 different beers on tap, and even more in bottles.  The menu is very specific; wurst, beer, fries and a waffle, but it works.  We have fun when we come here, just like we always do…

No comments:

Post a Comment